frequently asked questions
What is your fee structure?
Do you accept insurance?
Carolina Counseling Partners does not accept any insurance. Our clients self-pay and can submit a Superbill, provided by their counselor, to their insurance provider for reimbursement as “out of network”. This gives you the option to receive services from providers outside of your healthcare network with possible reimbursement for covered expenses. By opting to use an out-of-network provider, you could have a higher deductible and the amount of reimbursement could be lower, depending on the plan you have with your insurance carrier. You will need to contact your insurance provider to determine if this is an option. Here are some questions to ask your insurance provider:
- Does my plan cover mental health services?
- Does my plan cover telemental health services?
- Do I have a choice about what kind of mental health professionals I can see? Ask if your insurance covers licensed counselors and what kinds of treatments are covered and excluded.
- Is there a deductible? If so, ask how much it is and what services count toward the deductible is.
- What is my co-payment? Your plan likely requires you to pay for a portion of the treatment costs yourself.
- Is there a limit to the number of sessions?
- If my counselor does not accept insurance, what is the process for me to get reimbursed after I have paid for therapy services?